- 2000-2006: Lecturer, School of Computing, University of Leeds
- 1999-2000: Research Officer, Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP), University of Cambridge (funded by UGAMP)
- 1992-1999: Research Assistant/Officer, Department of Mathematics, University of Reading (funded by DRA Farnborough, ICFD, EPSRC and HR Wallingford)
- 1990-1992: Assistant Engineer, Computational Methods Group, Research Department, British Aerospace Regional Aircraft Ltd.
- 2001-2002: Postgraduate Certificate of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (PGCLTHE), University of Leeds
- 1992-1996: PhD, Multidimensional Upwinding and Grid Adaptation for Conservation Laws, Department of Mathematics, University of Reading (supervised by Prof. M.J.Baines)
- 1987-1990: MA Cantab, Mathematics, University of Cambridge